Our bodies naturally respond to stress via our fight, flight, deer in the headlights reaction. However, being in a prolonged state of agitation may result in a myriad of aliments to the physical body as well as debilitating effects to the mental and emotional wellbeing.
Meditation affect the body in exactly the opposite manner as stress by restoring the body and mind to a calm state thus enabling the body to repair itself. Meditation helps to reverse the body’s response to stress. When you meditate you clear away the information overload that builds up every day and contributes to stress.
This workshop will cover:
- The definition of stress
- Internal and external causes of stress
- Affects of stress on the body, behavior as well as emotional and cognitive symptoms of stress
- Different ways to manage stress
- Meditation defined
- Types of meditation
- Benefits of meditation
- Creating a space in your home to meditate
- Getting started, focus on your breath
- Breathing exercises
- 1 hr hatha yoga, moving meditation (please bring yoga mats)
- Grounding and protection
- Guided meditation
- coming out of meditation
There will also be practice time for the different forms of meditation so the participant may choose which they are most drawn to.
Date: Sunday, June 7, 2015
Place: Montclair Metaphysical & Healing Center
16 Park Ave
Rutherford, NJ 07070